With a refreshing crunch, this apple salad is a little sweet and a little savory with avocados and herbs.
This fresh and crisp salad is suitable for many occasions. Served in as an appetizer, it whets the appetite in a light and healthful way. It is also ideal as a refreshing dessert after a big meal or perfect as a snack, especially for the little ones.
Apples and avocados are a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, proteins and antioxidants.
- 2 organic red apples
- 2 organic green apples
- 1 ripe avocado
- 50 ml (3½ oz) natural apple juice
- The zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- A handful of mint leaves
- Wash and cut the apples into cubes.
- Halve the avocado and cut into cubes.
- Emulsify the apple juice with lemon.
- Sprinkle the fruit with apple and lemon juice, add the grated ginger and a sprig of mint leaves. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.