Enjoy the vibrant colors and the wonderful taste of this red beet and ginger purée, courtesy of Mardi from Brookyn Fork and Spoon.
By Carly DeFilippo
- 2 medium red beets
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 one-inch by two-inch piece of ginger, chopped
- ½ cup of vegetable broth
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Greek yogurt (to top the purée)
- Slice ends off of beets and wrap them individually in tinfoil.
- Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove the beets from the oven, peel off the skin and slice into small pieces. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Add beets to food processor along with ginger, vegetable broth, olive oil and scallions. Blend until well pureed.
- Add the goat cheese and salt. Blend again.
- Pour mixture into bowls and top with a dollop of greek yogurt, a few extra scallions and a sprinkle of cracked pepper.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!