Clean eating does not have to be boring or without chocolate. Protein packed, these are great for a post-workout snack or just a treat when you’re craving something chocolate.
By Robin Runner
Mountain of deliciousness. Clean eating does not have to be boring or without chocolate!
These are totally dairy and gluten free. They are a twist on my classic energy balls/bites that I make. I also rolled these in organic unsweetened cocoa powder which added a complimentary bitter to sweet balance. Protein packed these are great for a post-workout snack or just a treat when you’re craving something chocolate. No guilt here! I store these in the fridge and love them cold. I make them bite-sized so you can pop them and go! Portable perfection.
- 1⅔ cup of raw almonds
- 1¼ cups of Medjool dates, pitted – fresh and soft (if not soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain well)
- 1 banana, peeled
- ¼ cup of organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cups of vegan mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or extract
- Pinch of salt
- Into your food processor you will add the almonds and pulse until a coarse meal is achieved.
- Then add the remaining ingredients. Pulse until a large dough ball forms.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes until chilled then scoop out with a mini melon baller.
- Place on a platter.
- If you wish, roll in unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips etc.