Rava Besan ladoo is an Indian sweet treat made during various Indian celebrations. Rava and chickpea flour, or besan, together adds rich flavor and texture to the delicacy.
By Anita Mokashi
- 1 cup – besan
- 4 tbsp – sooji
- ½ cup – Ghee
- ¾ cup – Sugar
- 4 to 5 tbsp – Almonds /Pistachios, Chop the almonds coarsely. Set aside.
- 1 tbsp – Raisins
- Warm the ghee on low heat.
- In a bowl, sift the chickpea flour.
- Add the semolina and the ghee. Mix well until well combined.
- Roast the mixture on low-medium heat for 10 to 15 mins.
- Toss the raisins in a dash of ghee.
- Toast chopped almonds for 1 to 2 mins.
- Remove besan mixture from heat and set aside in a bowl to cool.
- Now add the sugar, cardamom and half the almonds to this mixture.
- Shape the mixture into small laddoos. Garnish with remaining almonds.