PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
Breakfast in bed requires a batch of sweet Raspberry White Chocolate Doughnuts. These baked sweets are topped with a white chocolate glaze and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and freeze-dried raspberries.
Moms deserve the best, do they not?
I remember many a Mother’s Day in which my siblings and I fixed ours breakfast in bed. I can’t remember what we prepared, just the fact that we did it.
Muffins, perhaps? Pancakes? French toast?
Whatever it was, I’m 90% sure it came from a box. While I no longer think a box mix is the best breakfast I could make for my mom, I do know that we certainly tried our best back then.
These are cake donuts flavored with Bonne Maman’s Raspberry Preserves, then baked in a donut pan in the oven. These preserves — which have long been a family favorite — give the donuts a sweet, berry flavor and a soft pink color.
I topped the donuts with a white chocolate glaze, then sprinkled them with chopped pistachios and freeze-dried raspberries for extra color. I love the way these pink donuts look with their white icing and colorful accents on top!
They’re a sweet and colorful way to show Mom you care with breakfast in bed, and a cup of coffee to boot!
Enter to WIN in this Bonne Maman giveaway ever! Click the image below.
For more recipe ideas, check out these fun toasts.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup Bonne Maman raspberry preserves
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup freeze-dried raspberries, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two standard-size doughnut pans (12 wells total) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- With a pastry blender or electric mixer, cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together with the yogurt, vanilla and preserves. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Transfer batter to donut pans.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted shows just a few crumbs when removed. Cool for 5 minutes before un-molding the donuts onto a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan, melt white chocolate with the heavy cream over medium-low heat. Stir until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar ½ cup at a time until smooth. Mixture will thicken. Spoon glaze over top of donuts.
- Garnish each donut with a sprinkle of pistachios and freeze-dried raspberries.
- Best eaten immediately.