Enjoy these fantastic raspberry crumb bars from Amrita Rawat.
By Amrita Rawat
I haven’t quite been able to forget how delicious these crumb bars turned out. I love me some raspberries and combined with a buttery shortbread, it’s hard to stop munching on these. I divided the dough in half and did half with a Nutella topping and the other with raspberry jam. The raspberry jam won.
- 3 sticks (342g) butter
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 3 tbs p sugar
- 2 yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ (175g) flour
- 1½ cup (180g) cake flour
- ¾ tsp b powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ cup (510g) raspberry jam
- ¼ cup (35g) p sugar
- Cream butter, powdered sugar, and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and briefly combine.
- Remove a quarter of the dough and chill separately.
- Form disk about 8 inches in diameter and one inch thick and cover with plastic wrap--chill for about 30 minutes to an hour (or freeze for up to a month).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out dough to a rectangle, with a thickness according to your preference onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Trim the edges so it has neat sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes until light brown.
- Remove and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Then spoon raspberry jam on top of the still-warm shortbread.
- Spread in an even layer with spoon, covering surface.
- Remove smaller dough from the fridge, and use a grater to make large flakes, evenly sprinkle over jam.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top.
- Trim edges again and cut into squares.