Try a Caipirinha, a cocktail native to Brazil. Make it your own by adding fruit like raspberries.
I love caipirinhas. They are Brazilian in nature and really close to a mojito if you’ve never had one, but have more of a kick. They typically don’t have fruit in them; it’s usually lime juice and sometimes you’ll see a sprig of mint for garnish, but I had some extra fruit lying around plus they taste amazing with fresh muddled fruit.
I used raspberries, but you could easily try strawberries, blueberries, or even peaches.
While some drinks can be made in larger batches, caipirinhas are best made up individually each time. A little work, but well worth it!
- ½ lime, cut into thirds
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2½ oz cachaca (Brazilian rum)
- 3 raspberries, plus more for garnish
- In a large rocks glass, squeeze and drip the lime wedges into the glass.
- Add the sugar and raspberries and muddle together.
- Pour in the rum and add ice to fill.
- Garnish with a few raspberries.