Try this delicious chard to power your week. It is a delicious way to get your greens in. Serve it as an easy side or grab a whole bowl for lunch, it is that good.
By Robin Runner
Try this delicious chard to power your week! It is a delicious way to get your greens in. Serve it as an easy side or grab a whole bowl for lunch, it is that good.
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard, washed
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 garlic scapes, washed and finely minced
- Wash your chard really well and trim the bottoms. Remove the hard stem (much like celery) from the leaves and bottom. Keep that separate.
- Then over medium heat, place some olive oil into your saucepan and once hot, add the thick stalks and scapes to your pan.
- Cook down for about 4 minutes. Then add your greens and cover. They will wilt down just like spinach. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add salt and/or pepper as necessary.
- Serve immediately or cover in a tupperware container and refrigerate.