This healthy wholegrain Finger millet chocolaty cake with a drizzle of Nutella sauce is a real delight.
By Sanjeeta Kk
Ragi Chocolate Cake – A Perfect Combo of Taste and Health
A healthy egg free cake with finger millet and chocolate.
Author: Sanjeeta kk
Recipe Type: Egg free baking
- ½ cup Finger Millet flour
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup curd/yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- Sift the finger millet flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon twice in a large vessel. Take another vessel and add curd, oil, milk and sugar in it, beat the liquid mixture with a fork till the sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C for about 10 minutes. Grease a round cake tin with oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet liquid mixture little by little and fold lightly making circular motions.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or till the cake is done. Check the cake by inserting a clean knife in it, if it comes out clean the cake is fully baked.
- Dust the cake with powder sugar and enjoy the chocolaty treat.
1.Replace the finger millet powder with all purpose flour if you do not have it. 2.Try the cake with wholewheat flour for more healthier option. 3.The cake is not very sweet, increase sugar a little if you like sweet bakes.