Easily pack a filling quinoa chicken lunch salad layered perfectly in a jar so nothing get soggy.
Have you guys tried meal prepping yet? I’ve been trying to do this more and more to make my life a bit easier and less chaotic around meal times.
This was super easy to make.
You could even buy already cooked Chicken to make this go even faster, but I chose to make my own for this so I could season it the way I wanted.
I just sprinkled some Sea Salt and Thyme over the Chicken before cooking it. I just love the flavor of Thyme on Chicken!
While the Chicken is cooking go ahead and cook up the Quinoa.
Depending of what brand you buy will depend on cooking time and method, so just follow the directions on the box.
I prefer the Ancient Harvest brand of Quinoa. It’s Organic and there’s no pre rinsing required before cooking. Have you ever tried rinsing Quinoa? Yeah not fun, those little grains get everywhere!
If you’re trying to figure out what size Mason Jar to use, use Quart size if you want a really big salad as a main meal. Use Pint size if you want a smaller portion.
Now the trick to preparing Mason Jar salads is to start by layering the dressing at the bottom of the jar and I whipped up my own yummy Lemon Tahini Dressing for this.
- Non-stick cooking spray (I used coconut oil spray)
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup chopped Cucumbers
- 2 heaping cups Salad Greens (I used Arugula and Spinach) Coupons
- 1 Avocado skin removed, pitted and sliced
- 2 Quart size wide mouth Mason Jars or 4 pint size Mason Jars
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- You can save time by cooking the chicken ahead of time or just buy pre-cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place Chicken Breasts on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp Sea Salt and 2 tsp Thyme over Chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes or until Chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Let cool and dice the Chicken into bite size pieces.
- While the Chicken is cooking make the dressing.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add Tahini, Lemon Juice, EVOO, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper.
- Pulse or blend for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Pour dressing evenly into the bottom of each mason jar.
- Then layer the rest of the ingredients into the mason jar.
- Add in order Chicken, Carrots, Quinoa, Cucumbers, Salad Greens, and top with Avocado.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake it up.
- Eat directly from the jar or pour onto a plate or into a bowl.
Disclaimer: there are Amazon affiliate links in this post