Prerna Singh with a colorful, and exotic suggestion for your next lunch box meal.
By Prerna Singh
Quick Stir Fried Peas And Carrots
I always keep packets of frozen peas, carrots, sweet corn, beans or a medley of all or couple of them in my freezer. Just heat up the oil, temper a couple spices, throw in the veggies, cook for a few minutes and done! Pack the lunch with some bread, boiled eggs, maybe a fruit and you are set.
Author: Prerna Singh
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots medley (thawed) - I just drop frozen veggies in room temperature water and it thaws in a minute.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (can use mustard, fennel)
- 1½ teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated dried coconut (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. As they sputter add peas and carrots. Give a quick stir. Add salt. Stir again.
- Cook until the veggies are heated well. For about a couple minutes.
- Throw in the coconut. Give a quick stir and done!