Carrot and Pea Samosas
These delicious carrot and pea samosas are quite easy to make with the help of a pasta machine.
By Priya Mahadevan
Poorimosas – Carrot and Pea Samosas
Author: Priya Mahadevan
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 2 cups of chakki atta
- 1 handful of sooji or cream of wheat
- 1 cup of very warm water
- a dash of salt (optional)
- Oil for frying
- green chilies
- 1 cup of grated paneer
- Add the ingredients for the dough
- Knead and make a firm dough, like you would for chappatis (indian flat bread) or Pizza.
- This dough does not require to rise – and actually works better when rolled out fresh
- I used my KitchenAid Pasta maker to make flat lasagnas. This can be accomplished just as well by rolling the dough out on a flat surface, dusted with flour
- I started at one end by placing the stuffing and then overlapping the corners to form the triangle.
- Then cut at the bottom giving enough room to roll it in and make a wedge. I flattened and patterned it with a fork.
- Then heat up the oil and fry to a golden brown
Make sure the ends are well pressed it and fully overlapping – else you could have the stuffing burst out, causing a mess by splattering hot oil, not to mention physical harm should your hand be close enough – It is extremely safe if instructions are followed.