This recipe offers a range of sugar for you to adjust the level of sweetness so this seasonal treat can be an indulgent breakfast or a decadent dessert.
By Taylor Kadlec
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups milk (I used Vanilla Unsweetened Almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp-1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Combine rice, water, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and brown sugar in medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to low, cover and let cook for 20-30 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, stirring until combined. Cook another 4-5 minutes until pumpkin is warmed through and add additional milk, if needed.
- Top with whipped cream, brown sugar, almonds, pecans, or even some chocolate or butterscotch chips!