Despite being sweet and rich this drink is very low in calories.
By Nandita Nataraj
This drink is one of the best ways to sneak in vegetables into a fussy child’s diet. I am sure that the idea of drinking Harry Potter’s favorite drink will definitely appeal to them.
- Cubed Pumpkin pieces- 2 cups
- Cinnamon- 1" stick
- Star anise- 1
- Apple juice- 250ml
- Orange juice- 150ml
- Honey- 1-1/2tbsp
- Sugar- 2tbsp
- Cinnamon powder- ½tsp for garnish
- In a thick bottomed vessel, combine the pumpkin pieces along with cinnamon, cloves, and star anise. Add one cup of water and cook on low flame till completely tender. Take off the heat, discard the spices and set aside to cool completely.
- In a blender jar, combine the cooked pumpkin, along with the apple juice, orange juice, honey and sugar and blend till completely smooth.
- Pour the juice in individual glasses, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on top and serve immediately.