Made with almond flour and eggs, and no refined sugar, these moist, spicy cupcakes keep you satisfied for a while without throwing you under a sugar roller coaster.
By Mariela Alvarez Toro
- 1½ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoons raw local honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 oz dark chocolate (more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with 9 muffin liners. Set aside.
- Place almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, and spices. Blend until well incorporated.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, maple syrup, and eggs. Blend until well incorporated.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into each muffin liner. Evenly divide the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate over the muffins, if using.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until fully cooked. Remove from oven and let cook for an hour before serving. Enjoy!