Prosciutto cotto is a favorite Italian preservation of ham that is delightful on a homemade pizza with other simple toppings.
This pizza may not look like anything special, but sometimes simple is best. We found that to be especially true when topping our pizza with the cured pork leg, known as prosciutto cotto. This delicate ham is perfect on its own, with fruit or a great peice of bread. It is also the perfect pizza topping.
Learn more about prosciutto cotto here.
Disclosure: We received free Prosciutto Cotto product from Rovagnati to make this pizza.
- 1 pizza dough
- Roasted garlic cloves in oil (use about 5 cloves cut in half on the pizza)
- ½ cup Fresh tomatoes (cherry, cut in half or whole, diced) or ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- ¼ Mushrooms
- 1 cup provolone or mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 10 slices Prosciutto Cotto
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll out the crust to desired thickness on a sheetpan lined with a Silpat or greased oil or parchment.
- Brush top of the dough with oil from the roasted garlic.
- Top with tomatoes, crushing them a bit as you spread. Finish with cheese and mushrooms.
- Finally, top with slices of of Prosciutto Cotto.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until dough is cooked through.
- Cut, top with fresh basil and enjoy.