We know it’s not easy but be sure to let these donuts cool completely before dusting them with powdered sugar.
By Liz Swartz
- 2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled for a couple minutes
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a doughnut pan very well with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and butter until mixture is slightly frothy. Stir the egg and milk mixture into dry ingredients until ingredients are just combined.
- You can do this a couple different ways. If you've got a piping bag available, spoon the batter into it and squeeze it into the donut wells. If you're lazy like me, spoon batter into doughnut pan, filling each doughnut almost to the top and smooth it over with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until doughnut springs back when it's touched. After 5 minutes, remove the donuts from the pan and let them cool completely on a wire rack. Then toss the donuts in powdered sugar/corn starch mixture until coated completely. Eat them immediately - that's an order.