A gingery sweet lemonade with no added sugar.
Nice weather = lemonade! I crave it when I’m outside in the sun and as a kid, loved pink lemonade. Of course my mom like most, made this from a powdered sugar substance that kept me bouncing off the walls all summer break long ;) But now that we know better… Homemade is where it’s at! I’m also not adding any sugar at all, if your strawberries are sweet, you shouldn’t need it! The ginger is a nice addition and will tickle your nose with those tart lemons. And the color! So pretty! Treat yourself to this easy and healthy pink lemonade all season long.
- 3½ cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1½ cup strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Squeeze lemons and set cup of lemon juice aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add chopped strawberries and ginger, purée till smooth.
- Push purée through a strainer with a wooden spoon and a bowl underneath to catch the seedless purée. Discard remains.
- Mix seedless purée, lemon juice and cold water in a pitcher with the wooden spoon handle until pink and serve!