PARTNER POST: Discover new ways to incorporate seasonal teas into your holiday cooking and desserts with Celestial Seasonings.
Let this decadent vegan chocolate pudding infused with peppermint tea whisk you away for sweet delight on a winter day. Plus, it’s super easy to whip up for a slew of guests.
Layered Chocolate Pudding Dessert recipe made with a simple gluten-free chocolate crust and layers of delicious vegan chocolate pudding. Yes, this recipe is the perfect pudding dessert for every occasion.
I’m an avid lover of tea. I mean, I drink about 2-3 cups of tea a day, even more when there is a chill in the air. It’d be safe to say it’s equivalent to my chocolate addiction.
What happens when you combine two of my favorite things together? Why, magic of course. Pure absolute recipe magic is created with this Chocolate Pudding Dessert recipe.
The best part? As always, it’s easy to make and will feed lots of people at a holiday feast. If we can make one dessert that feeds up to 10 people, I call that a win. Lazy entertaining at its finest? Perhaps.
We are using my favorite late night dessert–our vegan chocolate pudding recipe—and a chocolate gluten-free crust for this delicious chocolate pudding dessert.
This chocolate pudding is made several times throughout the month at my house. It’s too easy not to make it at ten at night. // Slightly dangerous.
For this dessert, we created a festive spin on it by soaking my favorite holiday tea, Candy Cane Lane, in the almond milk that goes into our vegan chocolate pudding.
Then all you need to do is whip together a fresh batch of whipped cream and we are in business to create this delicious chocolate pudding dessert combining my two favorite ingredients: tea and chocolate.
TIP: Swap our fresh whipped cream recipe for a coconut whipped cream substitute if vegan and dairy-free are needed.
Ahh, the magic of tea and chocolate combined. Can’t go wrong with them individually, but once they are combined in this delicious Candy Cane Chocolate Pudding Dessert, it’s magic. Pure Delicious Magic.
Want to try another fun recipe for the season? Check out this Candy Cane Tea Chocolate Bark! Recipe here.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter or dairy-free butter option, melted
- 2 ½ Tablespoons maple syrup
- 7-8 Celestial Candy Cane Tea Bags
- 4 ½ cups almond milk
- 6 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups of fresh whipped cream (or coconut whip for dairy-free/vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine, flour, salt, cocoa powder, eggs, butter, and maple syrup.
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 11-14 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, add milk, candy cane tea bags. Set on low to medium heat.
- Stir every couple minutes. Continue to have on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove Candy Cane tea bags.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup almond milk.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of milk to a small pot and cook over medium low heat.
- Whisk in cocoa powder, vanilla extract.
- Slowly whisk in small bowl of cornstarch slurry. DO NOT STOP WHISKING. If you pour too quickly or whisk too slowly there will be cornstarch chunks.
- Fold in chocolate chip and stir until melted. Let mixture cool 15-20 minutes.
- Build Layered Chocolate Pudding Dessert on chocolate crust. Layer of chocolate pudding, whipped cream, chocolate pudding, etc.
- Optional: Top with chocolate chips and chocolate drizzle