This cheesy, decadent hybrid between bread pudding and stuffing is the perfect Thanksgiving side.
By Ruth Kirwan
- 2-3 cups diced day-old bread (let it get good and dried out)
- 1 cup minced leeks
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. In a large bowl, toss together the bread, leeks, diced pear and cheddar. Combine the eggs, heavy cream, garlic and salt. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and toss to distribute evenly.
- Dump the contents into a 9?x13? ovenproof baking dish and spread out evenly, making sure all the ingredients are still evenly distributed.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the egg and cream mixture has set and the top bread cubes have browed and crisped. Remove from the oven and serve warm.