Faith Gorsky shows us one of her favorite milkshake recipes.
By Faith Gorsky
Healthy Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Milkshake
My favorite milkshake recipe.
Author: Faith Gorsky
Recipe Type: Drink
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk, any kind you like (I used 1%, but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used creamy, but you can use crunchy if you like)
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed (see note below)
- 2 teaspoons honey (preferably raw, local honey)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 large banana, peeled, chopped into 6 pieces, and frozen
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and sprinkle the cacao nibs on top, if using.
- Serve immediately, while it is super thick and creamy.
Flaxseed Substitution: You can use 1 tablespoon rolled oats instead of the ground flaxseed, or if you have flaxseeds on hand but no ground flaxseed, you can grind it yourself in a coffee grinder or food processor. Vegan Option: Use a non-dairy “milk” (like soy, almond, etc.) and use pure maple syrup instead of honey.