Enjoy particularly sophisticated and delicious crackers when Parmigiano cheese is added to the dough.
Recipe from THE RUSTIC ITALIAN BAKERY (New Holland Publishers Australia)
Even the simplest recipe becomes tasty and sophisticated with this special ingredient. Parmigiano cheese is really a very unique ingredient and one of the staple culinary treasures of Italy. These crackers are delicately scented, quick and easy to make, and are perfect served as an appetizer or snack.
The true Parmigiano retains its Italian name as with mozzarella (or French cheeses) and has different stages of maturation (the minimum is 12 months). For this recipe, you can choose Parmigiano aged from 12 to 24 months.
- 110 g (4¾ oz) high quality salted butter, cut into cubes
- 100 g (3½ oz) white rice flour
- 100 g (3½ oz) white Farro flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Knead the salted butter with the flours. Add the egg and Parmigiano, knead all the ingredients together to form a smooth dough.
- Form a ball and let rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and form the shapes you want.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 10 minutes.