Bhurji means scrambled. So as the name suggests, this cheesy delicacy is made out of scrambled cottage cheese.
By Nandita Nataraj
Bhurji means scrambled. So as the name suggests, this cheesy delicacy is made out of scrambled cottage cheese. This dish is quick to prepare and yet it so full of flavour. A protein rich dish whose beauty lies in it’s simplicity. A hearty and satisfying dish that goes great with rice or breads.
- Cottage cheese or Paneer- 250gm, crumbled
- Onion- 1 large, blanched and pureed
- Tomato- 2 med, blanched and pureed
- Cashew paste- 1 tbsp
- Green chilli- 1, chopped fine
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Coriander-cumin powder-1 tsp
- Paprika powder- ½ tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Salt- to taste
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Turmeric or haldi- ¼tsp
- Garam masala- ¼tsp
- Milk- ½ cup
- Kasuri methi- ½tsp
- Oil or Clarified butter- 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil or ghee in thick bottomed pan. Add the bay leaf and saute for a few secs. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add onion paste and fry for a min. Stir in the cashew paste and saute for two more min.
- After the mixture changes colour, add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the chopped green chilli, turmeric piowder, Coriander cumin powder, salt, sugar, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Stir in the crumbled paneer and milk and allow the mixture to simmer for 2 min
- Add the garam masala and kasuri methi and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.