Try this delicious Palak chicken curry, sauteed with onions, spices and spinach.
By Anita Mokashi
Palak Chicken Curry Recipe
Try this delicious palak chicken curry from Anita Mokashi.
Author: Anita Mokashi
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 bunch spinach chopped
- 1 pound chicken
- 8 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cloves
- 5 green cardamom
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 8 garlic pods chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp cumin coriander powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 5 tbsp yoghurt
- salt as per taste
- Wash and finely shread spinach, chop onion, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel, add peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms and sauté for a minute. Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic and sauté till onions turn light brown.
- Add chicken pieces, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder red chilli powder and a little salt.
- Stir-fry for a minute, add one tablespoon of yogurt.
- Stir-fry for a minute more, add one more tablespoon of yogurt. Repeat this till all the yogurt has been used up and the chicken turns light brown.
- Add spinach and a little more salt to taste.
- Mix well and stir-fry till the spinach gets well mashed. Cover and cook till the chicken is tender. Remove the cover, add garam masala powder and cook till the gravy is thick.
- Serve hot.