Paan gulkand drink – a summer cooler made with pureed betel leaves, gulkand and almond milk along with basil seeds.
By Dassana Amit
This was again shared by my mom. she had seen this drink on some tv channel. She has made it so many times since then and recommended me highly too make it. Every time i met her or called her, she had to ask me whether i made this drink. I always said no.
finally, i decided to make and glad i did. i brought the fresh paan leaves from a flower shop to make these. If you live in india, you can easily get these leaves from a paan shop or a flower market.
- 6-7 betel leaves/paan – gives approx ? or ½ cup of puree
- 4 cups chilled almond milk or cow’s milk or 3 cups of milk + 1 cup chilled water
- ½ tbsp basil seeds/sabza soaked in enough water
- 1 tbsp rose syrup or rooh afza (optional)
- 4-5 tbsp gulkand or as required
- 2 to 3 tbsp of chopped dry fruits – almonds, pistachios, cashews, dry figs etc (optional)
- rinse the betel leaves well in water.
- in a small blender, puree the betel leaves with some water.
- in a bowl or jar, mix the betel leaves puree and almond milk.
- stir well.
- strain the soaked sabza seeds and add these.
- stir in the rose syrup or rooh afza.
- add the chopped dry fruits.
- mix well and serve the paan gulkand drink in tall glasses.
- you can also chill the drink and serve later.