This Oriental rice with nuts and fresh herbs is a perfect recipe for some light summertime cooking. Easy, fast and utterly delicious.
By Manar Magdy
Oriental Rice with Nuts
amazing Basmati rice with mixed nuts and a little bit of fresh herbs
Author: Manar Magdy
Recipe Type: Side
- 2 cups Basmati rice.
- ¼ cup peeled,boiled almonds.
- ¼ cup peeled hazelnut.
- ¼ cup raisins.
- 1 small chopped onion.
- 4 Tbsp veg oil.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter.
- 1 tsp salt.
- ¼ tsp fresh pepper.
- ¼ tsp powdered cinnamon.
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced dill and parsley
- wash rice well and soak it in warm water for 20 minutes.
- heat oil and butter in a deep pan.
- now add hazelnuts and almonds and stir until golden.
- keep them aside then add onion and raisins in the same pan.
- stir until nice golden.
- keep all nuts with onion and raisins in the strainer aside.
- in the same pan add one Tbsp of oil.
- now add rice, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- add chicken stock and stir one more time.
- cover the pan and keep it on low heat for 15 minutes.
- serve rice with mixed nuts and fresh dill and parsley .
Serve Size: ½ cup Calories: 600