Get dipping with this olive hummus recipe topped with chopped herbs and olives. It’s a stunning appetizer with fresh veggies and pita.
I’m not sure about you, but I’m a huge fan of hummus.
I love the earthy texture, the garlic-lemon undertones and really I’m just a fan of the art of dipping. I especially love hummus when it’s loaded with olive pesto. It’s no secret I have always been an olive lover, but when you grind it up with some oregano, parsley and olive oil and douse hummus with it, I am over the moon. I used a similar olive pesto recipe for pasta (check out my Instagram to get the recipe!) and now I want to put it on everything because it’s packed with olive flavor and has that amazing pesto texture. I can eat this stuff with a spoon, you guys.
Let’s be real. I do eat this stuff with a spoon.
The other cool thing about both the hummus and the olive pesto, is it can and should be made in a food processor because it makes life incredibly simple. You can certainly make the pesto by hand in a mortar and pestle, but you don’t have to show off. I already know you’re cool.
ALSO! There are endless dipper possibilities for this Greek olive hummus. Crisp veggies are the ultimate vehicle for dipping because they’re a fun and colorful way to get more veggies in (I’m not judging how much Greek olive hummus you put on each bite). Or you could go with fluffy pita or crackers for that crunch. Or both. This is a no judgement zone.
- 1 (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1-2 medium lemons
- ¼ tsp. each coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- 5-6 cups veggies, trimmed
- 2-3 pita rounds, cut into wedges
- In a food processor, combine beans, tahini, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper. Place the lid on the food processor and pulse while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Continue until hummus is smooth. Add more oil, if necessary. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- In a clean food processor, combine olive pesto ingredients and process until a chunky paste forms, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Place hummus in a serving bowl and top with pesto. Serve on a platter with veggies and pita wedges.