Amazing bread pudding with a crunch on top and moist inside. Adjust the ingredients to make with what you have available at home. This pudding is topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce for a plated dessert.
By Anita Mokashi
Old Fashioned Bread Pudding with Raisins and Chocolate
Amazing bread pudding with a crunch on top and a moist inside. Adjust the ingredients to make with what you have available at home. This recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker.
Author: Anita Mokashi
Recipe Type: Baking
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups brown bread cubes (about 6 slices bread)
- ½ cup raisins/chocolate chips, if desired
- Ice cream
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Stir in milk mixture. Pour into ungreased deep round pan.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Serve warm with icecream and chocolate sauce
- To make Chocolate Bread Pudding, substitute ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips for the raisins.