What do you get when you combine the chocolatey bar form of a brownie with the ingredeints of an oatmeal peanut butter cookie? A brookie. A half cookie, half brownie, delicious dessert bar.
Mike had a work potluck and requested that I make a dessert. I’m scrolling through Pinterest trying to come up with ideas when I stumble upon the Brookie, half brownie, half cookie. Mike gets excited. “What if the cookie half was peanut butter?” he asks. “With dried cherries! And oatmeal!” So here it is. A decadent chocolate peanut butter oatmeal creation.
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Click the link above.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and well-combined. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugars, vanilla, baking powder, and salt until the batter is thick and creamy. Reduce the speed to low, and mix in the melted chocolate until well-combined.
- Stir in flour and cocoa powder just until combined. Cover the batter and chill while you prepare the cookie dough.
- In a bowl, mix all the cookie dough ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Add the brownie batter, then layer the cookie dough batter over the top. Smooth it out. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a fork comes out mostly clean. The batter will still seem "wet." That's okay!
- ?Let cool, then freeze before cutting. Keep chilled. Enjoy!