This soft oat and apple cake is easy to make and can be served with honey or as-is with tea, cider or a glass of milk. A simple, sweet treat.
My son has just begun his first year at college. This deliciously soft oat and apple cake is about to be packed up and sent to him. What a fun package to receive!
- 1 cup instant Oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large apple
- 4 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a flat baking tray.
- Grind oats into a fine powder.
- Add ground oats, wheat flour, cinnamon powder, raisins, baking powder, baking soda in a large bowl and combine well.
- Grate apple (I did not remove the peel, you can if you wish to).
- Add grated apples, yogurt, honey and oil in another bowl and combine well.
- Add dry ingredients in the wet ingredients, fold and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or till done.