Pear or apples with lemon, cloves, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar as needed create are a prefect winter preserve fitting for a number of dish ideas. Just adjust the ratio of the ingredients to your liking and the number of jars.
By Maja K
- pears, cored and cubed (or apples) (enough to fill the number of jars of your preference)
- lemon (a slice per jar)
- cloves (3 per jar)
- cinnamon bark (.5 inch long stick per jar)
- vanilla pod
- sugar (if needed)
- Prepare your canning jars and lids.
- Wash the pears, core them out and cut into small cubes. (Peel the apples.)
- At the bottom of each glass place a slice of lemon, 3 cloves, 3-5 cm/.5 inch long piece of a cinnamon bark, 3 cm/1.2 inch long pod of a vanilla and sugar as needed (about 0.5 - 2 tablespoons per jar).
- Fill the cups with pears (or apple), top up with water and secure the lid.
- Place the jars into the pot with cold water and let boil. Let them boil for at least 5 minutes.
- Let the jars cool down in the water. After the water has cooled down, take the jars out, dry and rest them the up side down for awhile, so you are sure that the lids are well fitted.
- Store for winter.