A crunchy almond crust is topped with a creamy almond butter filling and topped with sweet chocolate layer. A perfectly cool treat that is so easy to make.
Lazy days and eating lots of sweets. That would be a more precise description of my past couple weeks. After a big break from healthy-ish food and work out, I had to take care of my myself, inside out. It happens once in a while, to be lazy and just read books, eat sweets, watch movies and getting a tiny bit obsessed with cleaning. I know it’s kind of weird to be lazy and be obsessed with cleaning, but when you live with a little kid, you have to!
After putting my life back together, and while I was craving for sweets, I came up with this easy to make, yet scrumptious recipe made with Barney Butter almond butter Honey+flax, packed with flavor and nutrients, it will make you eat the whole pan up and have no regrets!
Crunchy and nutty base, smooth almond butter filling with floral and fruity notes from the orange and chocolate topping to take it to a whole other level. This is the real deal!
- Click the link above for the crust recipe.
- 2.4 oz/ 68 grams coconut oil
- 15 oz/425 grams almond butter Barney Butter honey+flax
- 2/4 oz/ 68 grams agave nectar
- zest of an orange
- 5 oz/ 142 grams smooth Barney butter almond butter
- 8 oz/ 226 grams chocolate chips (vegan or regular)
- First, make the crust following the link above.
- Make the filling, in a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth, pour the mixture over the crust and spread it evenly. Freeze it for 20-30 minutes until filling is firm.
- When filling is firm, make the chocolate topping. Simply, combine melted chocolate chips and smooth almond butter and spread evenly on top of the almond butter filling. Top it with some chopped almonds and keep it in the fridge until firm. Cut it into small bars and enjoy!
- You can also store them in zip-lock bags and freeze them.