PARTNER POST: May 26 is National Pinot Grigio Day. We’re celebrating with Cavit Wines by sharing refreshing spring and summer recipes that pair perfectly with Pinot Grigio.
Mango and Garlic Grilled Shrimp are served with a spicy cilantro dipping sauce to be a flavorful summer bite.
Summer patio parties scream for easy appetizers that can just be thrown on the grill. It’s so much better than heating up your kitchen and it gives you yet another excuse to enjoy that magical summer air.
Marinades are my new favorite thing to master. It’s incredible to me how such a basic step (and an EASY one) can bring so much flavor to whatever you are cooking!
The mango gives a little fruity tartness and the agave brings in a subtle sweetness to the shrimp, not to mention keeping them plump and juicy.
There’s only one thing that can make the experience of eating these skewers even better… a crisp glass of chilled Cavit Pinot Grigio.
Cavit Pinot Grigio is light and refreshing, with subtle hints of citrus that pair oh-so well with the mango juiciness of the shrimp. When served chilled, it’s a way to relieve all that heat and makes for a fun pairing for this particular appetizer. You’ll be wow’d at how much the wine brings out certain notes in the shrimp, and visa versa!
The char from the grill, the fruity mango, and the tangy spicy dipping sauce are all just what your summer party ordered.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 green onion, bottom removed and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into thick slices
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cup agave
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, agave, garlic, sliced green onion, and black pepper. Add shrimp and mango. Marinade in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Place skewers in a shallow baking dish filled with cold water. Soak for 15 minutes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and add to skewers, approximately 4 to 5 shrimp per skewer.
- Heat grill or grill pan over high heat. Season the grill with the oil. Once hot, grill shrimp skewers for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on either side. Remove from grill or grill pan once pink and opaque. Add to serving platter and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Stir together ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small bowl. Serve with shrimp skewers and lime wedges.