PARTNER POST — Discover how to take your recipes to the next level with Maille mustard.
Made with simple ingredients you probably already have, versatile and easy mustard seed relish is the perfect accompaniment to chicken, fish, or grilled eggplant, portobello mushrooms or roasted cauliflower.
Fast, fresh and flavorful -this post is all about the relish. Made with simple, everyday ingredients, Mustard Seed Relish is perfect over seared chicken, fish, or keep it vegan and spoon it over grilled eggplant (my favorite!), portobello mushrooms or roasted cauliflower steaks! So versatile and easy, yet interesting and different, whole grain mustard gives simple familiar foods a delicious twist. And my guess is you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
When creating flavor, especially when in a hurry I often turn to whole grain mustard, because I usually have it on hand- ready to be whisked into dressings, blended into marinades, added to sauces or in this case stirred into a simple herb relish. It adds a huge boost of flavor which pairs well with so many different foods. Cornichons add even more depth and flavor while giving the relish a delicious crunch. The best thing is this literally takes just minutes to make, and the payoff is HUGE!
Look at all these fresh ingredients that go into it! Parsley, shallot, lemon zest, Maille’s whole grain mustard and cornichons. Mix with olive oil and viola, it’s done.
Plus, YOU can enter to win some great prizes (check out that Le Creuset set!) for submitting your best tip for using Maille products below!
- 2-4 chicken breasts ( or sub 1 lb eggplant or whole cauliflower- see notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mustard Seed Relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 5 cornichons ( little french pickles- or sub 2 tablespoons capers)
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard like Maille
- zest of ½ a lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and sear both sides in a well oiled skillet. Lower heat and continue cooking until cooked through.
- While chicken is searing, make Mustard Seed Relish.
- Whisk relish ingredients together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is done, spoon a couple tablespoons over each one.