Use a crusty bread for this recipe or a baguette slightly toasted. Its a simple recipe that can be put together fairly quickly without any preparations – as long as you have the ingredients in you fridge.
By Pallavi Gupta
- 4 cups a mixed variety of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp honey
- salt & pepper
- plain cream cheese to smear
- a crusty baguette – sliced
- a few chives for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds – till it starts releasing a nice aroma.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir till the slices are coated with oil evenly. Let the mushrooms cook (stirring occasionally, uncovered) till all the water evaporates and they start browning.
- While the mushrooms cook, in a small bowl add 1 tbsp olive oil, balsamic, mustard, honey some salt and pepper and mix well to form the dressing. Keep aside.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked and turn slightly brown, season them with some salt and pepper. Turn the heat off and keep uncovered.
- Toast the sliced bread.
- Smear a generous amount of cream cheese on to the toasted bread.
- Spoon some mushrooms on it and drizzle the dressing on the crostinis.
- Garnish with chives and serve right away.