SPONSORED POST: We’re celebrating the twelve weeks of summer with delicious, refreshing recipes using Hills Bros. Cappuccino. Be sure to enter below for a chance to win a one year supply of coffee! #CappontheRocks
This Mocha Cappuccino Ice Cream Cake is a cool combination of double mocha coffee ice cream sandwiched between two layers of chocolate cake.
Summers are on the verge of ending and I hate all the good stuff that we are going to miss about summers. The seasonal fresh produce, chilled cold drinks, ice creams and what not. But worry not, we still can enjoy the best of summers whilst it ends. I have partnered with Honest Cooking and in association with Hill Bros. Cappuccino, to come up with a perfect recipe to end summers.
Hill Bros. Cappuccino is so much more than a delicious beverage and it would take any dessert to a higher notch with its quality ingredients. I find the Hill Bros. Cappuccino so versatile and is a perfect ingredient to work with any dessert or summer treat.
Frankly speaking, the double mocha cappuccino has become my personal favorite. The double mocha cappuccino is a rich, dark and an intense drink, mixed with a double dose of chocolate and yummy goodness.
So what could be better than a chilled double mocha coffee ice cream cake to end the 12 weeks of summer? For this recipe, I made no churn double mocha coffee ice cream sandwiched in between chocolate cake and topped it with one generously thick layer of whipped cream.
Enter below for a chance to win a year’s supply of cappuccino and coffee so you can make this and other delicious recipes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch salt
- ½ cup chocolate chopped
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cup heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoon Hill Bros. Double Mocha Cappuccino
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C and grease a 8" springform or ring mold cake tin with butter or oil.
- I a mixing bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy and soft.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler and add it to the butter-sugar mixture. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour mixture into the wet mixture in two or three batches and mix gently until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it sit in the cake tin for 10 minutes. Unmold the cake and let it cool.
- Once cooled completely slice the cake into two layers and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the heavy cream on low until soft peaks.
- Stir in Hill Bros Double Mocha Cappuccino and whisk again for few minutes or until stiff peaks.
- Once the cream is whipped fold in the sweetened condensed milk into the cream.
- Place in refrigerator covered with cling wrap until use.
- In a mixing bowl whip the cream on low until soft and creamy.
- Add sifted icing sugar and vanilla extract and whisk again on high until it starts thickening.
- Place in refrigerator until use.
- Grease the springform cake tin and place a layer of sliced cake on the bottom of the tin.
- Spread a thick layer of no-churn coffee ice cream layer on top of the cake layer.
- Cover with cling wrap directly on top of the ice cream layer and let it set in freezer for 2 hours or until the ice cream layer solids.
- Once the ice cream layer is firm enough top it with the second layer of cake.
- Spread the whipped cream layer on top of the cake layer. Sprinkle some leftover cake crumbs.
- Slice and serve immediately or freeze until use.
- Store the leftover cake in the freezer wrapped with cling wraps