Y’all NEED to make room for this healthier Mixed Berry Oatmeal Crisp!
You would never even guess that it’s refined sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free. Basically, a feel good dessert. Who doesn’t want a feel good dessert?! Maybe it’d even be a good breakfast option…? I’ll let you decide.
It’s like summer in a bowl. The berries do most of the sweetening with a little help from maple syrup. And to make it is very simple.
All you need are either fresh or frozen mixed berries, corn starch, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, old fashioned oats, almond flour (which is ground up almonds, no need to buy almond flour unless you already have it on hand), coconut oil and salt.
In small bowl or 8×8 inch baking dish, mix together berries, corn starch, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, combine almond flour, old-fashioned oats, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt. Next sprinkle topping on berries and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. You’ll want the top to be golden brown and the berries bubbly. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
Treat yourself to this delicious dessert as is or with a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream!
Hope this Mixed Berry Oatmeal Crisp brings you as much joy as it did us!
- 3 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- ½ tsp corn starch
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup almond flour (whole almonds, ground)
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsps coconut oil
- 1½ Tbsps maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl or medium size baking dish, mix together berries, corn starch, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, old fashioned rolled oats, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of berries.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until top is golden brown and berry base is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve as is or with ice cream and enjoy!