SPONSORED POST: We’re celebrating the twelve weeks of summer with delicious, refreshing recipes using Hills Bros. Cappuccino. Be sure to enter below for a chance to win a one year supply of coffee! #CappontheRocks
These mini mocha tiramisu are the perfect single serve desserts that can be made ahead of a dinner party or brunch. Loaded with cappuccino, they’re the perfect morning sweet.
These mini desserts are lovely to serve as a sweet treat for brunch. They may look large in the pictures, but they are served in 4-ounce espresso cups with a handle that makes them easy to hold. Aren’t they adorable? Perfect for a sweet ending to a large brunch and if you’ve overeaten you’ll need the ‘pick me up.’
Would you love a years supply of coffee? Enter below for a chance to win!
Unlike traditional tiramisu, there is no brewed coffee in this recipe. Instead, I took help from Hills Bros. Cappuccino mix that is made using hot water in minutes. The mix comes in a variety of flavors like classic cappuccino, French vanilla, English toffee, hazelnut, mocha mint, salted caramel and white chocolate caramel. For this recipe, I chose the double mocha and it does bring a lot of mocha flavor to the tiramisu.
The recipe starts by making a custard of egg yolks and sugar that is cooked slowly over a low flame. Egg whites are whisked to stiff peaks, then they and the custard are mixed into mascarpone cheese. More mocha flavor is added by whisking in some of the mocha powder then the dessert is assembled.
The first layer is ladyfingers soaked in the mocha, then a layer of the mocha mascarpone, another layer of ladyfingers, another layer of mascarpone and finally a topping of dark shaved chocolate. These tasty desserts are creamy, chocolatey and go down well.
They can be made a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve, perfect for a brunch crowd.
- 1½ tablespoons Hills Bros. Cappuccino double mocha mix
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, yolks and whites separated
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 8 lady fingers, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Hills Bros. Cappuccino double mocha mix
- Add the mocha mix to a shallow bowl and stir in 4 ounces of hot water. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat, about 10 minutes, until it turns pale, thickens and the sugar is dissolved. Whisk constantly or they will scramble. It should fall in ribbons from the whisk when ready. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- Add the mascarpone to a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of dried mocha mix. Whisk to combine. Add the cooled custard and whisk hard to get rid of any mascarpone lumps. Carefully fold in the egg whites.
- To 4-ounce espresso cups or bowls put an even layer of the ladyfinger pieces. Brush the tops with the mocha liquid mix so it soaks into the ladyfingers.
- Top with a layer of mocha mascarpone on top of the ladyfingers. Repeat with the ladyfingers, brushing with mocha liquid mix then finish with a topping of the mascarpone mix.
- To make adding the mocha mascarpone easier, I add it to a piping bag or a zip top bag with the tip cut off. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Top with shaved chocolate before serving.