Mexican Manzano Pepper Salsa
This salsa goes perfect with tacos, but also with fish dishes. The oregano gives the spice a tasty boost.
By Nicole Medgenberg
Mexican Manzano and Oregano Salsa
Author: Nicole Medgenberg
Recipe Type: Side
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 6-8 yellow manzano chiles
- 2-3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on a pan. Slice the onion and garlic, add them to one side of the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Part the tomatoes and peppers in half, discard stems. Add them to roast on the other side of the pan and cook until soft and browned, over medium-high heat. This takes about 5 minutes. Before turning off the pan, add the vinegar, stir a few times to integrate all ingredients.
- Blend well with salt, oregano and a little more olive oil. If still too thick, add another splash of vinegar.
- Add one diced manzano chile to the same pan, cook for a couple of minutes until soft. Incorporate the pieces to the sauce with a spoon.