This gorgeously looking bread, filled with rosemary, feta cheese and sundried tomatoes, brings the smells and flavors of the Mediterranean right into your own home.
By Jehanne Ali
Mediterranean Rosemary Wreath
This gorgeously looking bread brings the smells and flavors of the Mediterranean right into your own home.
Author: Jehanne Ali
Recipe Type: Baking
Serves: 2 large wreaths
- 2½ cups bread flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 10g instant yeast
- 10g salt
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup warm milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- a large handful rosemary leaves- chopped
- a glug of olive oil
- Egg wash as needed
- In a stand mixer with dough hook, combine the bread flour with the remaining ingredients except plain flour.
- Knead slowly and add in the plain flour, just enough to form elastic tacky dough.
- Keep dough in greased bowl until doubles in size.
- Punch down the air after dough has bulked up, and roll to form 2 rectangles. You have an option of chilling half of the dough until later use.
- Sprinkle the top with feta cheese, rosemary, sun dried tomato and drizzle of olive oil.
- Roll tightly, and slit the dough all the way lengthwise. ( refer to pic above).
- Twist the log and coil inward to form a wreath, combining both ends together.
- Brush top with egg wash.
- Bake at preheated oven of 395F for 12-14 minutes.
If hand kneading, follow the steps as above, it will take only slightly longer than stand mixer but totally doable.