This Mascarpone Pumpkin Mousse is a deliciously seasonal sweet treat that is very easy to make. It’s not too heavy after a big fall meal and just so happens to be keto too.
I made this Keto Pumpkin Mousse a few times already and everyone loves it. Plus pumpkin is not just for fall. I use it in recipes year round.
Yes, Mascarpone cheese is perfect for Keto and low carb desserts. It actually is a must have for me, if you are planning to make your own Keto desserts. It only contains 1 net carb per serving of 15 grams.
I need to make a Keto tiramisu soon!
It also works well in savory items like low-carb, high-fat pasta sauces.
I know a lot of low-carb mousse recipes call for Cream Cheese.
I love cheesecake style mousses, but often times, since on Keto, I prefer to use Mascarpone. It is very creamy and makes any dessert taste amazing.
Could you make this Keto pumpkin mousse with cream cheese? Yes you can make it.
If for some reason you can not find it or don’t want to spend the money on it, since it is pricier than cream cheese, you can substitute full fat cream cheese in equal amounts.
HOW TO MAKE LOW-CARB PUMPKIN MOUSSE:
Place mascarpone and low-carb sweetener in a deep bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low for 2 minutes.
Add vanilla, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Beat on low until incorporated.
Slowly, with the mixer running of low, add the heavy cream. Beat just until incorporated and fluffy, ot for 2 minutes. Do not over beat.
Top with whipped cream (optional), chopped sugar-free chocolate and mint.
TIPS FOR MAKING DESSERTS WITH MASCARPONE:
Mascarpone cheese is quite sensitive to temperature.
I suggest that all of your ingredients are at similar temperature. Make sure you take the mascarpone, cream and pumpkin out of the fridge 15 minutes before you use them.
Mix with an electric mixer on low-speed. Low-speed and attention are keys.
If mixed on high speed, mascarpone cheese may separate (curdle) and this will ruin your dessert.
There are methods to bring it together, but they are not quite successful.
Keep mascarpone desserts refrigerated at all times.
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese take at room temperature of no more than 75F for 15 minutes before use
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ½ tsp vanilla extract optional
- ½ cup pumpkin puree or less
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- mint leaves, chopped Keto chocolate, whipped cream
- Place mascarpone and low-carb sweetener in a deep bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Beat on low until incorporated.
- Slowly, with the mixer running of low, add the heavy cream. Beat just until incorporated and fluffy, or for 2 minutes. Do not over beat.
- Top with whipped cream (optional), chopped sugar-free chocolate and mint.