Pulpy and juicy mangoes paired with oats for a healthy and tasty dessert.
By Prathima Rao
The texture is quite soft yet firm. The smooth texture comes from the fruit and the firmness from the oats and bread crumbs. The brown sugar topping gives a nice crunch as you bite into this deliciously healthy pudding!
- Butter (softened) – 50 gms (4 tbsp)
- Castor sugar – 75 gms ( ½ cup)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Fresh mango puree – 1 cup (about 1-2 mangoes)
- Oats – 1 cup
- Fresh bread crumbs – 1 cup (about 2 to 3 slices)
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- brown sugar – 2 tsp
- Mint leaf, chopped almonds
- Spread oats in a single & even layer in a pan & roast till a bit crisp, keep stirring in between. Or you could spread & roast in microwave for 3 mins on a micro safe plate.
- Wash, peel, chop mangoes and blend to get 1 cup puree. Remove bread crust and powder to get 1 cup crumbs.
- Grease an 8” micro safe dish.
- Beat butter with sugar with hand whisk till fluffy. Add vanilla essence and beat again.
- Add puree, mix well. Add roasted oats, mix well.
- Sprinkle baking powder, mix well. Add breadcrumbs, beat to mix well.
- Transfer to greased dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Microwave for 4 mins without covering at 80% power. The mixture looks set when done. Let stand 5 mins.
- Garnish and serve hot or cold with vanilla ice cream, mango sauce.