Kimchi: Fermented cabbage and radish pickle made with Chinese cabbage and some spices. The fermented vegetables along with chili taste amazing and filled with lip-smacking flavors.
This is the first time I tried making kimchi and totally loved it. In fact, I already finished the two jars that were made recently. I am definitely going to make another batch real soon.
- 1 Chinese cabbage, cut in strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2" ginger piece, minced
- 4-5 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup radish, grated
- ¼ cup
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- Wash the cabbage leaves thoroughly under running water.
- Place the cabbage in a vessel and sprinkle some salt over the cabbage for 2-3 hours.
- Now fill the vessel with cold water and leave it for 6 to 12 hours. Drain it from water in a colander and set it aside.
- In another bowl add ginger, garlic,
chilli, powder, salt ,sugar and vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- Combine the drained cabbage, scallions, and radish in a bowl.Add the kimchi paste and mix well.
- Place the kimchi into
sterilisedglass jars. Cover the lid and let it ferment for 2-3 days. Shake in between and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy.