Kelly Morisson shows us how to make a low fat, pumpkin flavored mac and cheese.
By Kelly Morisson
- 1 cup of uncooked elbow macaroni (use Easy Grain Free Pasta for a gluten/grain free and low carb version)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Original
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, bring almond milk to a boil in a pot over medium high heat. Whisk in nutritional yeast, minced garlic, and Dijon mustard, and continue to cook for two minutes, or until slightly thickened. Whisk in pumpkin puree until completely smooth and cook until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cooked pasta until the sauce is evenly distributed throughout.
- Transfer to plates and serve!