Using greek yogurt instead of butter and heavy cream, this version of Fettuccine Alfredo is much lower in fat and full of protein. It’ll leave you satisfied, not sluggish.
By Abby Himes
Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo with Arugula
Using greek yogurt instead of butter and heavy cream, this version of Fettuccine Alfredo is much lower in fat and full of protein. It'll leave you satisfied, not sluggish.
Author: Abby Himes
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 6oz plain greek yogurt
- 4 oz sour cream (half of a little 8 oz container)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup or a big handful of Arugula
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Fettuccine Pasta
- Chives, lightly chopped
- Extra Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Throw in a generous dash of salt and the pasta. (Cook as much pasta as you like, the sauce recipe feeds 2 - generously) Cook as directed on the box.
- In a large sauce pan, add the yogurt, sour cream, and chicken stock. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring well and often.
- Add in the parmesan, pepper, and garlic, stirring well. Taste the salt level after adding the cheese, and if you need to go ahead and add the extra salt and stir.
- Add in the olive oil and arugula, and cook until the arugula has wilted. Remove from heat and serve over pasta. Top with chives and extra cheese, enjoy!