Salad’s are so quick and easy, not to mention fresh and nutritious – it’s an easy way to get a dinner meal out of the way so you aren’t stuck in the kitchen for over an hour at the end of a busy day.
By Lauren Tangey
- - 1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed twice
- - 2 good handfuls of baby spinach, rinsed
- - ½ a spanish onion, sliced into thin wedges
- - ½ a punnet of grape or cherry tomatos, sliced in half
- - 1 small block of traditional haloumi, sliced into 5mm slices
- - 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- - olive oil
- - salt and pepper
- Place the lentils, onion and tomatoes into a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and a good dash of olive oil and set aside.
- Fry the haloumi until golden brown and a little bit crispy.
- Add the haloumi and baby spinach and use your hands to toss.
- Squeeze two lemon wedges over the top and serve immediately with more lemon wedges aside.