This dish is good warm, at room temperature or hot from the oven, making it a nice recipe for summer gatherings.
By Jill Nammar
- 2 pounds of fingerling potatoes or other small potatoes
- 1-2 lemons, zest one and reserve the zest
- Generous handfuls of fresh mint and parsley, chopped.
- Olive oil for cooking, I used unfiltered.
- Coarse sea salt and freshly cracked pepper or a sprinkling of Aleppo chili pepper (see notes)
- For Serving: Sprinkling of fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a large baking pan, toss the potatoes with olive oil, some coarse sea salt, fresh cracked pepper or Aleppo pepper and the lemon zest. Roast for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven. The salt will have dissolved a little in the pan. Toss again. Put the pan back in the oven and cook for 15 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender and done. Before serving, add the fresh herbs, a couple of good squeezes of lemon juice and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt like fleur de sel (optional). Serve and enjoy!