Beef and lamb meat combine to create a flavorful patty that is easily grilled and served on naan or pita with a creamy, cool cucumber sauce.
By Melissa Belanger
I’m so, so excited to share this recipe. It’s definitely my newest favorite meal. Being a food blogger makes choosing an actual favorite recipe pretty much impossible, but I do find my favorites every now and then.
These grilled beef and lamb koftas turned out so much better than I even imagined they would. Lamb is a newer ingredient for me, but using in a recipe like this made it so much less intimidating. It just lends a slight sweetness to the recipe that you can’t really get from beef alone. However, you could totally make the recipe with just beef.
The recipe itself is simple. You’re basically just making burgers and topping them with a creamy, cool cucumber sauce and I served it with naan bread to completely the meal. Then it was just a matter of grilling the patties – about 6 – 7 minutes per side – and voila, you have yourself a new favorite meal (bonus points for following it up with some strawberry watermelon sorbet for dessert).
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground lamb
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 - 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon all-spice
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Find the link to the recipe above
- Preheat grill for medium indirect heat (about 375? - 400?F).
- In a large bowl, stir together the ingredients for the patties. For into 4 burger-shaped patties, about ½-inch thick.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Grill patties for 6 - 7 minutes per side - or until juices run clear.
- Remove the patties from grill and allow them to rest for about 2 minutes before serving. Top with cucumber sauce.