This frozen dairy popsicle is flavored with mawa burfi candies, pistachios and saffron.
By Anita Mokashi
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups any milk burfi chunks/ mawa
- ½ cup sugar
- few strands of kesar/saffron
- Chopped almonds and pistachios
- Cardamom powder
- In wide pan, boil milk.
- Once it starts boiling, add the burfis.
- Stir continuously for 15 mins. Now add sugar.
- Continue stirring. Add cardamom, kesar and chopped nuts.
- Boil the milk till it becomes thick in consistency. This make take around one hour on medium flame gas.
- Cool it and transfer to kulfi molds or popsicle molds. Freeze for 6 hours.
- Before removing the kulfi from the mold, hold the mold under flowing water for 5 mins. It will enable you to smoothly remove the kulfi.