Try this hearty soup full of super nutritional veggies that won’t leave you missing the meat.
By Vicky Cohen and Ruth Fox
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1- 10oz bag of chopped kale
- 1- 32oz container of organic vegetable broth (we used Pacific)
- 3 cups water
- 1- 15oz can organic cannellini beans (we use Eden Foods)
- ½ to 1 tsp salt ( to taste)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- ½ cup raw quinoa
- In a large soup pot, saute garlic and kale at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, water, beans, salt and spices. Bring to a boil, add quinoa and simmer for simmer 20 minutes.